Cats are the cutest pets ever. I know there will be many who disagree with me, but what can I possibly do. I just love Cats. I am a huge Cat Person and I love being with Cats all the time. And I guess, if you're reading this, you're a cat person too. Did you ever think that these super cute furballs, with eyes that look so distrustful of you and paws that are the cutest things in the world, are a creature of amusement? Cats are not only cute. There are so many things about Cats which we do not know about. I know your Cat amazes you as well. So, here is a list of facts about Cats. Understanding Cat's Body is the first thing about knowing your Cat behavior. So, here are some quick facts about Cat's Body. So, without delay let us check these out below.
Understanding Cat's Body
- Cats have a better night and peripheral vision than humans. Cats are nearsighted, however, their night vision and peripheral vision gives them good hunting ability.
- Cats have more bones than humans. Cats have 230 bones whereas we humans have only 206 bones.
- Cats are able to jump six times their actual length.
- Whiskers are an important organ in Cats. It helps them understand where they can fit in. It is of the same width as their body.
- A Cat's genome is a lot similar to Tigers. So, it is said that Cats are closely related to Tigers.
- A Cat's tail helps them to balance themselves when they are walking or jumping.
- Cats are ambidextrous. However, the majority of them are left or right-pawed.
- Cats walk with both their right feet first and then with both their left feet
- Cats sleep for 12 to 15 hours of the day.
- Cats are crepuscular creatures, which means that they are generally active during dawn and dusk hours.
- Cats have rough tongues which means that they can wipe all parts of meat from a bone.
- Cats have organs that sense that gives them the ability to taste the scent in the air.
- Cats have the largest eyes compared to any mammal.
- It is a proven fact that cats do not have sweet tastebuds. So, they actually cannot taste anything sweet.
- However much Cats seem to enjoy milk, Cats are indeed Lactose intolerant.
- Cats make very little noise when they walk because of their paws.
- Cats have 18 toes in total. They have 5 toes in the front in each foot and 4 toes at the back in each foot.
- Meow is not a Cat Language and is actually developed by Cats to communicate to humans.
- When Cats are moving in sleep, this means that they are actually dreaming.
- When a Cat drapes her tail around you or any other cat, it is a sign that they are friends.
So, these were some facts about Cat's body. Understanding Cat's body is the key to understand your Cat's behavior and body language. Hope you liked these facts.